This tournament is part of the British Championship and is held to select the two players who will compete in the British Championship title match. Until 2005 it selected one challenger who played the reigning champion.
Players compete in the Candidates' Tournament for places in the League.
It incorporated the Candidates' Tournament between 1979 and 1982.
- 2012 Andrew Kay (second Nick Krempel)
- 2011 Matthew Macfadyen (second Nick Krempel)
- 2010 Matthew Macfadyen (second Vanessa Wong)
- 2009 Hui Wang (second Matthew Macfadyen)
- 2008 Matthew Macfadyen / Hui Wang
- 2007 Bei Ge (second Alex Selby)
- 2006 Matthew Macfadyen (second Bei Ge)
- 2005 Des Cann
- 2004 David Ward
- 2002-3 Matthew Cocke
- 2001 Young Kim
- 2000 Des Cann
- 1999 Matthew Cocke / John Rickard / Des Cann. Matthew Cocke won the play-off.
- 1998 Edmund Shaw
- 1994-7 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1993 Shutai Zhang
- 1991-2 Edmund Shaw
- 1990 John Rickard
- 1989 Edmund Shaw
- 1988 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1987 Piers Shepperson
- 1986 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1983-5 Terry Stacey
- 1982 Jim Barty
- 1979-81 Terry Stacey
- 1978 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1977 Paul Prescott
Last updated Tue Apr 16 2013. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.