Obsolete: DDK Grand Prix

Replaced by this page

We have a DDK Grand Prix competition, which runs throughout the year. Double Digit Kyu players score points for each of our tournaments you enter, with more points for each game that they win. The full rules of the Grand Prix are at the bottom of this page.

At the end of the year the top player in the 10 - 19 kyu range and the top player in the 20+ kyu range each receive a prize, presented at a tournament early the following year. Prizes will be vouchers for the Guo Juan Internet Go School.

Current Grand Prix Scores for 2013

Final Grand Prix Scores 2012

Grand Prix Rules

  1. You have to be a member of the BGA
  2. Qualifying tournaments are tournaments held in the UK and open to entrants from anywhere in the UK. Most over the board tournaments are included, including novice, junior, small board and Pair Go events. Online competitions, team and lightning events are not included. Every tournament has a maximum 100 points that you can score there.
  3. You get 40% of the points just for turning up. For the other 60% you score in proportion to points scored in the tournament. For example, if you win 2 out of 3 in a tournament, you score 40 plus two thirds of 60, i.e. 80 out of 100 in total.
  4. All players playing at least their first tournament in the year as a DDK can score points. Their prize category depends on their first grade of the year.
  5. The competition runs for the whole year, and the London Open counts as the last tournament.


Last updated Fri Apr 12 2013. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.