If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software or browser to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Changing privacy and cookies in your browser
Information on controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org . Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
Below you will find brief information on how to change the privacy setting of your browser. www.AboutCookies.org has more detail.
For more specialised cookie settings click on "Advanced", check the "Override cookie handling" button and modify the settings to suit your requirements.
- Choose "Tools" and then "Internet Options"
- Click the "Privacy" tab
- Move the slider to choose your preferred settings
Google Chrome allows all cookies by default, but you can restrict the behaviour of first-party and third-party cookies or even block them completely.
- Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Options"
- Click the "Under the Bonnet" tab and locate the "Privacy" section, and choose the "Content settings" button
- Click the "Cookie settings" tab and choose your preferred settings
Click on the Close button when you've finished.
Choose your preferred settings (You can configure which sites are allowed to set cookies, how long to keep them for, and view and manage your existing cookies.).
- Click on "Tools", then "Options" (or "Edit" | "Preferences" on Linux)
- Select "Privacy"
- Select "Cookies"
- Go to Safari->Preferences... and select the "Privacy" tab
- In the Block Cookies section choose "Never", "From third parties", or "Always"
- You might want to review the setting for Website Tracking at the same time
- You can also make all your browsing Private (go to Safari->Private Browsing...)
In addition to choosing different settings for first-party ("normal") and third-party cookies, you may edit cookie settings on a domain/server basis or even edit individual cookies by clicking the "Manage cookies" button.
- Go to "Tools" in the main menu
- Go to "Preferences" at the bottom of the "File" menu (or press Alt+P to access them directly)
- Click "Privacy" and select one of the available options
Last updated Wed Dec 19 2012. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.