Annual Grand Prix for players 10 kyu and below.
This runs throughout the year, with
Double Digit Kyu players scoring points for each of our tournaments entered, with more points
for each game won.
At the end of the year the top player in the 10 - 19 kyu range and the top player in the 20+ kyu range each receive a prize, presented at a tournament early the following year. Prizes are vouchers for the Guo Juan Internet Go School.
The full rules are:
- You have to be a member of the BGA
- Qualifying tournaments are tournaments held in the UK and open
to entrants below 9 kyu from anywhere in the UK.
Handicap and rapid play tournaments are included, but online competitions, team, Pair Go and lightning events are not included.
Every tournament has a maximum 100 points that you can score there.
- You get 40% of the points just for turning up. For the other 60% you
score in proportion to points scored in the tournament. For example, if
you win 2 out of 3 in a tournament, you score 40 plus
two thirds of 60, i.e. 80 out of 100 in total.
- All players playing at least their first tournament in the year as a DDK can score points. Their
prize category depends on their first grade of the year.
- The competition runs for the calendar year with the London Open counting as the last tournament of the year.
Past Winners and Results:
- 2016 Alan Stokes (10-19k); Joel Barrett (20k+)
- 2015 Charlotte Bexfield (10-19k); Daniel Gascoyne/Tom Bradbury (20k+)
- 2014 Colin Maclennan (10-19k); Gediminas Sarpis (20k+)
- 2013 Oscar Selby (10-19k); Rebecca Margetts (20k+)
- 2012 Colin Maclennan (10-19k); Edmund Smith (20k+)
Last updated Sat Dec 31 2016. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.