Please note that as of June 2012 we are not meeting every week. Please get in touch before turning up. Hopefully by August we should be back to our regular weekly meetings.
We meet every Wednesday evening from about 7:30 pm in
The Noble Comb pub, Salts Mill Road (junction with Otley Road), Shipley. BD18 3ST. Map
We are a small club with a
typical attendance of 3. Strength ranges from 5 kyu to
1 kyu. All with an interest in Go are very welcome to come,
without any obligation. Learn the game from us, or try
your ability against an experienced player. Attendance is free.
Directions to the Noble Comb:
The nearest train station is Shipley (2 minute walk to pub). Trains from Leeds take 15 minutes and run until around 11.30pm.
There are also direct trains from Bradford Forster Square, Ilkley and Skipton. Leave the station from the exit on platform 1 near the footbridge,
turn left and walk up to the main road. Turn right and cross the big junction. You will see the Noble Comb pub straight ahead on opposite side of road.
- Leave the motorway at junction 42.
- Take the M62 west.
- At junction 26, take the M606 for Bradford.
- At the roundabout at the end of the motorway, go right onto the ring road (A6177).
- Go straight on at the next set of traffic lights.
- At the third roundabout, take the slip-road left and down to join the A650 (Wakefield Road).
- Follow signs (get in lane) for the A650 Shipley and Skipton (bypassing Bradford City Centre).
- Continue through several sets of traffic lights along Canal Road.
- Approaching Shipley, you come to T-junction with traffic lights. Go right (Otley Road).
- Proceed straight ahead through the next four sets of traffic lights.
- At the next major junction go straight across and you will see Noble Comb Pub on your left.
- Drive past and take first left and left again to enter car park.
- Leave the motorway at junction 26 and take the M606 (Bradford).
- Follow directions 4 - 12 as above.
To find out more about the club contact:
More information on Go can be found at
the British Go Association.
Please email comments, corrections and
Last updated Sun Jun 17 2012. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.