Second stage of British Championship. League of 8 players.
Part of the British Championship, is held to select the two players who will compete in the British Championship Title Match. Until 2005 it selected one challenger who played the reigning champion.
Players compete in the Candidates' Tournament for places in the League.
It incorporated the Candidates' Tournament between 1979 and 1982.
Played over the 3 days of the second May Bank Holiday weekend plus an additional day
Past Winners and Results:
- 2015 Andrew Kay (second Andrew Simons)
- 2014 Andrew Kay (second Alex Kent)
- 2013 Andrew Kay and Andrew Simons
- 2012 Andrew Kay (second Nick Krempel)
- 2011 Matthew Macfadyen (second Nick Krempel)
- 2010 Matthew Macfadyen (second Vanessa Wong)
- 2009 Hui Wang (second Matthew Macfadyen)
- 2008 Matthew Macfadyen / Hui Wang
- 2007 Bei Ge (second Alex Selby)
- 2006 Matthew Macfadyen (second Bei Ge)
- 2005 Des Cann
- 2004 David Ward
- 2002, 2003 Matthew Cocke
- 2001 Young Kim
- 2000 Des Cann
- 1999 Matthew Cocke / John Rickard / Des Cann. Matthew Cocke won the play-off.
- 1998 Edmund Shaw
- 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1993 Shutai Zhang
- 1991, 1992 Edmund Shaw
- 1990 John Rickard
- 1989 Edmund Shaw
- 1988 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1987 Piers Shepperson
- 1986 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1983-1985 Terry Stacey
- 1982 Jim Barty
- 1979-1981 Terry Stacey
- 1978 Matthew Macfadyen
- 1977 Paul Prescott
Last updated Mon Jun 22 2015. If you have any comments, please email the webmaster on web-master AT britgo DOT org.